Frequently Asked Questions about the FOA
Now that you have purchased your Sylvan franchise, your next strategic decision should be to become a member of the FOA. You will then begin to benefit from the vast knowledge and experience of hundreds of successful franchise owners across the United States and Canada. Accelerate your learning curve by joining with others who have traveled the path before you.
The Sylvan Franchise Owners Association, Inc. was chartered by individual owners to share information, represent the views of franchisees to the Corporation, participate in the management of critical issues and develop benefits. Your FOA is democracy in action. As a member, you determine your level of participation. Choose to enjoy the many benefits of FOA membership. Be in direct and constant communication with other FOA members via our website, serve on committees or be elected a Director on the FOA Board of Directors.
The phenomenal growth and success of Sylvan are the direct results of the working relationship developed between the FOA and Sylvan Corporate. So join your fellow franchisees as FOA members and share the success, energy, ideas, and benefits that make us an organization that adds value to your franchise.
- Representation of your viewpoint to Sylvan.
- Legal review of contracts from Corporate.
- Use of the FOA website to ask questions and receive answers from other franchise owners.
- Communication of new ideas, issues, and information that affect your business.
- Equal voting rights on the National Advertising Committee (NAC).
- Opportunity to serve on the FOA Board of Directors and to contribute to the success of fellow franchisees.
- Participation in the benefits and discounts available to FOA members, including affiliate membership in the American Association of Franchisees and Dealers (AAFD).
- The mission of the FOA Board is to provide united leadership and effective communication in advocating for and protecting the interests of the Sylvan franchise community.
- Meets quarterly with Sylvan Corporate Officers.
- Communicates franchisee issues, recommendations and concerns to Corporate.
- Advises Corporate on the planning and implementation of current and future programs.
- Participates in Corporate advisory committees: Education, Technology, and Operations/Training.
- Appoints two Directors to the National Advertising Committee to assist in the development and critique of marketing activities and materials.
- Reviews, with the FOA attorney, proposed changes to Sylvan license agreements.
- Eleven individuals elected from the FOA membership for a three year term.
- Officers volunteer their time and are appointed for a one year term.
- All FOA members in good standing are eligible for nomination to the Board.
Last modified 2005-10-13 01:07 PM